Sunday, November 28, 2010

Give Yourself Over to Absolute Pleasure



  Yes, this is another review of  The Rocky Horror Picture Show. But this time I will be reviewing the real way of watching it, and that is at The Midnight Insanity. This is for anyone who has wanted to interact with a movie and just wants to have fun.
  The whole point of Rocky Horror is to watch it at a midnight showing. I went to one and it was a great experience. If you watched the video posted you scream with the audience while the movie is playing. There's a part when the lips lick the upper lip, but before they do you scream "LICK THOSE LIPS!" When it gets to "Over a Barrel" You scream over it "SMOKING A BARREL!" and you do this throughout the entire movie. Not just those lines but other lines. When the stupid "Janet, Dr. Scott, Janet, Brad, Rocky!" part comes on, after Rocky you scream out "BULLWINKLE!" It's stupid, but so much fun. When te wedding scene occurs and if you have some rice on hand, throw it up in the air like at an actual wedding. When it's raining in the movie and you have a newspaper or ad with you, put it over your head cause you may get wet from people shooting water up in the air.
  This is an awesome experience. I can barely put a few things on here of what you do. If you want to dance there are two parts where you dance, you do the Time Warp, this is just a jump to the left, a step to the right, put your hand on your hips, bring your knees in tight, then the pelvic thrust that drives you insane!! And don't feel stupid doing this dance, cause everyone who knows it will be dancing. Then during the boring part you dance all around the theatre.
  Also, be warned, this is a very vulgar show, if you want to see women in little clothing, men in little clothing, and most likely dressed as a woman then go experience this. If you're uncomfortable with any of these things, or just with sexual jokes in general, then this may not be for you. Oh and also be warned, being a Virgin, this means not watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show with a live audience at a theatre, they will single you out and haze you. The hazing is emberassing, and you don't have to say you are a virgin, but just remember that there will be other virgins in the theatre, and it's just a fun experience that means no harm or insult to you. It's all for fun, plus if you want the full experience I say just claim to be a virgin, I did and I was laughing the entire time.
  You get a movie, although you don't really hear it too well over the yelling, and you get live actors acting out the movie and going around the theatre, and if you're lucky a tranny will shake your hand. This sounds weird, I know, but that's because it is weird. Weird, vulgar, but so much fun. I say go experience this Midnight Insanity. You don't have to dress up or anything, just go and have some fun. I know this isn't much of a review, but I will still review the fun that I had at my Midnight Insanity and I think anyone who just wants to have fun, and has an open mind, will have as much fun as I did. I did review the movie and gave it a 3/5, but with this experience the movie becomes better and just a great movie to watch with others.

Verdict: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Isaiah, now I feel like I must go experience this even more. What a bummer, since I never like to do anything, haha .This sounds like something a lot of people should experience. Throwing rice seems pretty darn awesome, especially if there are no birds there to eat it. So tell me, do they have sparkly shoes? Last time I had some shiny shoes and Lourdes was like “they look like that transvestite’s shoes from...” yeah this movie, haha. So do they? But yeah, now I feel like seeing this, well at least the movie. Yeah, maybe I should do that first, before I get hugged by two giants. Haha, you should have talked about that. =D

    P.S. that video seems pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete